How to Have Personal Revival
- Wednesday, April 03, 2002
World and national revival begins with each one of us, individually.
Someone once stood, drew a chalk circle around his feet, then prayed, "Lord, please send revival, and start inside this circle."
Do you want revival in America? Then in your mind symbolically draw a circle around your feet. Let revival begin inside your circle.
Do you need a jump start in your spiritual life? Do you sometimes feel spiritually dry? If so, you need personal revival. There is nothing more invigorating than experiencing personal, spiritual refreshing. "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" (Acts 3:19, NIV).
Here are some suggestions to help bring that revival and refreshing to your heart:
1. Love God with all of your heart, soul, and mind (Deuteronomy 6:5).
2. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any unconfessed sin in your life.
3. Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you. Make restitution where God leads.
4. Examine your motives in every word and deed. Ask the Lord to search and cleanse your heart daily.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to guard your walk against complacency and mediocrity.
6. Praise and give thanks to God continually and in all ways on all days, regardless of your circumstances.
7. Refuse to obey your carnal (worldly) nature (Galatians 5:16,17).
8. Surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. Develop utter dependence on Him with total submission and humility.
9. Study the attributes of God.
10. Hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6).
11. Appropriate the continual fullness and control of the Holy Spirit by faith on the basis of God's command (Ephesians 5:18) and promise (1 John 5:14,15).
12. Read, study, meditate on, and memorize God's holy, inspired, inerrant Word daily (Colossians 3:16).
13. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
14. Fast and pray one 24-hour period each week. Prayerfully consider becoming one of the millions of Christians who will fast for forty days for revival and spiritual awakening in America and the world.
15. Seek to share Christ daily as a way of life.
16. Determine to live a holy, godly life of obedience and faith.
17. Start or join a home or church Bible study group that emphasizes revival and a holy life.
Yours for fulfilling the Great Commission
each year until our Lord returns,
Dr. Bill Bright is founder and chairman of Campus Crusade for Christ, an organization which began as a campus ministry in 1951 and now has more than 25,000 full-time staff and 553,000 trained volunteer staff in 196 countries in areas representing 99.6 percent of the world's population. In the past 50 years, Campus Crusade for Christ has seen approximately 6 billion exposures to the gospel worldwide. The film, "JESUS," which Bright conceived and funded through Campus Crusade for Christ, is the most widely viewed film ever produced. Since its use began in 1980, the film has been translated into more than 689 languages and viewed by more than 4.5 billion people in 234 countries. Dr. Bright is also the author of more than fifty books.
Copyright (c) 2002, Bill Bright. All rights reserved. However, readers may copy and distribute this message as desired, without restrictions in number, as long as the content is not altered. Forwarding this e-mail to friends is encouraged. For many free evangelistic and spiritual growth materials, visit the Campus Crusade for Christ Web site at http://www.ccci.org. See http://www.newlifepubs.com for Bill Bright's own materials.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content