The Amazing Race 15: Final Four, Baby! and Turkey Talk
- Monday, November 23, 2009
It's a short week (Happy Thanksgiving, everybody). And therefore, it's a short blog with a holiday twist (ready to talk turkey?).
Here's all you need to know from this week's episode of The Amazing Race:
• Team All American blew off working together with Team Globetrotter in securing transportation from an outdoor adventure center to a theater. TURKEY TRANSLATION: Don't burn your bridges—especially if family game time is happening right after football and you need the strongest playahs on your side.
• "Shut up!" "Stop!" "Oh, shoot!" "You don't understaaaaand!" TURKEY TRANSLATION: Sure, you might expect to hear such outbursts at the dinner table this coming Thursday (or possibly in conjunction with the gazillion-piece puzzle you're trying to put together). But it's also possible that Team Bro would say such things to one another as well. Either or.
• Team Bro stole Team Jungle Fever's taxi (they had asked the taxi driver to wait for them) while Team JF was still completing a challenge. TURKEY TRANSLATION: It's like what happens when someone steals the other turkey leg you were eyeing: you take solace in knowing that sweet revenge—and dessert!—is coming. Plus, you know where Mom is storing the pies anyway, so you can always get the first slice. Or two.
• Hidden miniature mandolins are highly desirable, cannot really be played and must be handled with great care. TURKEY TRANSLATION: Sooooo ... like wish bones, they are pretty much useless instruments.
• It was a non-elimination leg, so no one got canned. TURKEY TRANSLATION: Besides, fresh pumpkin is SO much better. Ditto for cranberry sauce. Make it fresh, people. Make it fresh!
• The standings are now as follows. TURKEY TRANSLATION: Like the seating chart at your family's holiday dinner, you may not like who's in front of you. "Please, Mom … do I HAVE to sit near Uncle Earl again? He's so annoying and smells funny.") …
- 1st: Team All American (Meghan and Cheyne)
- 2nd: Team Bro (Sam and Dan)
- 3rd: Team Globetrotter (Nathaniel and Herbert)
- 4th: Team Jungle Fever (Brian and Ericka)
Next week, "a night in Prague brings out the teams' dark side." Ooooh. Sounds like a page right out of New Moon (except without Team Edward or Team Jacob ... or glitter, sparkle or shimmer). Can't wait!
Until then, keep it simply amazing. Watch out for Tryptophan. And keep watching The Amazing Race. See you next week!
WANT TO WATCH?
The Amazing Race airs on CBS on Sunday nights at 8/7 Central. Plan your schedule accordingly.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content