Need Something to Do Before Tonight's Finale? Read This!
- Sunday, May 23, 2010
CT and Jensen also enter into dialogue about redemption, religion and satisfaction. So definitely go check it out!
Saturday night, as you probably know, ABC re-aired LOST's original 2-hour "Pilot" episode, with enhanced pop-up revelations. Most of these were basic and remedial, serving to fill-in those who haven't watched the show or who gave up on it at one point. But I still took some notes, which I copy here as I took them (beware: these are unedited for spelling / grammatical errors, or incomplete thoughts. Also, just because I typed in a notation they showed us doesn't necessarily mean the information was all that special or revelatory):
Notes from Saturday Night's Re-Airing of "Pilot" in Enhanced Pop-Up Format
- Iconic image of eye opening
- "Jack fell from the plane" into this bamboo field. The field is an important location (the heart).
- Only the protector can see the Heart.
- Electromagnetism can heal things like paralysis and cancer.
- Also functions as a cork, prevenint "hell" form getting out and spreading.
- When people are brought here, their past doesn't matter, only their second chance does (so it's a born-again experience, basically).
- "Swooping Smokey" was still there flying down behind the exploding jet engine, but not discussed. I continue to wonder if them "debunking" this was simply to not give away that their "Monster" was a big cloud of smoke. Because this is so coincidental.
- Boone = president of a bridal company.
- Extraordinary that these people survived a crash of this magnitude, but these people were brought to the island for a specific reason (but free will still exists (what does this say about those who did not survive?). But the island is dangerous, and these people CAN die at any time.
- Don't worry about the others, we need to stay together. Never leave my sight. -- Jin. Cool considering how their story ended.
- "Force was enough to destroy the island, but was contained in time."? WTH?
- Smoke monster did used to be a man, the Man in Black, robbed of his body and humanity by his brother Jacob. Trapped, must kill Jacob, needs one of the survivors to help.
- A man was suppsoed to discharge the amassed energy every 108 minutes.
- Jacob was born on the island over 2,000 years ago. Jacob and MiB have a disagreemtn over the nature of man, leading MiB to want to kill Jacob. MiB has vowed to kill Jacob and any of his candidates so that he may finally leave the island.
- Rain has come to symbolize danger. Whenever it rains, something is about to happen. "Save it for a rainy day..."
- Original 815 pilot was supposed to be Frank Lapidus, not Seth Norris.
- Smoke monster can not kill any of Jacob's candidates directly. Seth Norris was not on Jacob's list to be brought to the island. So this is not a rule violation.
- Walt doesn't respect Michael or see him as an authority figure.
- They were brought there because they were flawed, had complicated relationships with parents, were looking for something they couldn't find out there. They needed the island as much as it needed them. Sawyer will eventually prove to be a trusted leader. As weill Hurley.
- Sayid will struggle with his violent nature and his past, but will ultimately decide to help his friends survive.
- Others are usinmg an underwater station to jam all signals. (Dharma permitted there to build the things Jacob needs?)
- Kate does not what the Marshal's death on his hands. She would call him on Catholic holy days to plead her case. (She also used saint names as aliases).
- Faster Friends, Part One comic book. Green Lantern & Flash.
- "The story of the island is the story of light and dark. Jacob is always shown in white. His antagonist is the man in black / the smoke monster."
- After Locke's death, the MiB who had lost his humanity, was able to take Locke's form. He will become a dangerous force against Jack for the island.
- Polar bear came from Hydra Station. Dharma conducted experiments on the island for over 15 years.
- Biological and behavioral. Broke out of cages, swam to main island.
- Marshal hid a memento of Kate's in a safe deposit box in NM.
- Radio tower already transmitting a looped distress signal by Danielle Rousseau, a French scientiest.
- They were draw in after hearing the transmitted Numbers. After her team died, Rousseau hiked to the tower and changed the signal.
- Rousseau had a number in the Lighthouse. That is why she couldn't be killed? Rest of her team did not? So Jacob purposefully called her there?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content