20 Random Things I'm Thankful For in 2012
Daniel DarlingDaniel Darling is the Vice President for Communications for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention (ERLC). For five years, Dan served as Senior Pastor of Gages Lake Bible Church in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and is the author of several books, including Teen People of the Bible, Crash Course, iFaith, Real, and his latest, Activist Faith. He is a weekly contributor to Out of Ur, the blog of Leadership Journal. His work has been featured in evangelical publications such as Relevant Magazine, Homelife, Focus on the Family, Marriage Partnership, In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley. He has guest-posted on leading blogs such as Michael Hyatt, The Gospel Coalition, OnFaith (Washington Post), and others. He is a contributing writer for many publications including Stand Firm, Enrichment Journal and others. Dan’s op-eds have appeared in Washington Posts’ On Faith, CNN.com's Belief Blog, and other newspapers and opinion sites. He is a featured blogger for Crosswalk.com, Churchleaders.com and Believe.com, Covenant Eyes, G92, and others. Publisher's Weekly called his writing style "substantive and punchy." Dan is a sought-after speaker and has been interviewed on TV and radio outlets across the country, including CNN, 100 Huntley Street, Moody Broadcasting Network, Harvest Television, The Sandy Rios Show, American Family Radio, the Salem Radio Network, and a host of other local and national Christian media. He holds a bachelor’s degree in pastoral ministry from Dayspring Bible College and is pursuing a Masters of Divinity degree from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He and his wife Angela have four children and reside in the Nashville area. Daniel is represented by Tamela Hancock Murray of The Steve Laube Literary Agency
- 2012 Nov 21
I love Thanksgiving. Here are twenty random things in no certain order that I'm thankful for:
1) I'm thankful for Angela, my beautiful wife of ten years (tomorrow is my anniversary). I'm the luckiest man alive. But more on that tomorrow.
2) I'm thankful for my four children, Grace, Daniel, Emma, Lily. Each is so uniquely different and yet so precious.
3) I’m thankful for my parents who raised me in the Lord and have always loved me.
4) I’m thankful for Billy Graham, whose ministry helped bring my father to Christ.
5) I'm thankful for the Church. I'm thankful for my church. I'm thankful to serve in the church as a pastor.
6) I'm thankful to live in the 21st Century with technology like my iPhone, my Macbook, Twitter, GPS, and other such things. I don't pine to live in some other era like the 1950's. God put me in this age at this time. And so I like it.
7) I'm grateful for good, deep, rich, wonderful friendships that last the test of time.
8) I'm grateful for annoying people, trials, and character-building things I hate but that God sends for my sanctification.
11) I’m grateful for Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, where I’m studying for an Mdiv.
12) I’m grateful for my assistant pastor, Jay Lovelace and his wife Cheyenne.
13) I’m grateful for Amazon.com and especially Amazon Prime.
14) I’m grateful for Ginger Kolbaba, who published my very first piece of published work, for Andrea Mullins, who published my first four books, for the guys at Crosswalk.com who continue to give me a platform, and for anyone who has ever published a piece of my writing.
15) I’m grateful for Tamela Hancock Murray, my literary agent who has helped me get published.
16) I’m grateful for insurance companies, good health care, air conditioning, and Diet Mountain Dew Red.
17) I’m grateful for email, texting, podcasting, and fantasy football.
18) I’m grateful to live in Chicago, to live in the United States of America, and for the opportunity to travel to other countries and see the world as it really is.