A friend sent this in an email and I thought it was so good that it ought to be shared with everyone. My friend hopes for . . .
1) A church that prays for and supports their Pastor and Board (not because they are perfect)...but in obedience to God.
2) A church where forgiveness is more important than being right.
3) A church where new people coming in ...feel welcomed and see Jesus living in those of us that they get to meet (at least those first few Sundays).
4) A church where young children sense God's love in the attitudes of the 'grown-ups' in the congregation that they see on a regular basis.
5) A church where anticipation and joy in God's provisions of giftedness in (the least likely people) is overflowing...joy when someone very quiet ...sings a solo during worship for the first time and you can see their joy in worship even through the nervousness.
6) When on the church's man either teaches or preaches for the first time...and they are so transparently in tune with God.
Your Comments are always welcome.
You can reach the author at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email sermon.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Dr. Ray Pritchard
Dr. Ray Pritchard is the president of Keep Believing Ministries, in Internet-based ministry serving Christians in 225 countries. He is the author of 27 books, including Stealth Attack, Fire and Rain, Credo, The Healing Power of Forgiveness, An Anchor for the Soul and Why Did This Happen to Me? Ray and Marlene, his wife of 37 years, have three sons-Josh, Mark and Nick, two daughters-in-law--Leah and Vanessa, and two grandsons--Knox and Eli. His hobbies include biking, surfing the Internet, and anything related to the Civil War.
Recently by Dr. Ray Pritchard
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content