This afternoon I'm taking part in the Pastors Roundtable on WYLL, 1160 AM, 3-5 PM CDT. Here are the questions we'll be discussing:
1) The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has voted to join a growing trend to make God gender neutral, replacing, for example, "God the Father" with "God the Holy Magesty". Is God male in nature? Does it make any difference? Given the original languages of the Bible, how can this even be a debatable issue?
2) Cindy Sheehan, mother of fallen soldier Casey Sheehan, has been camped outside the President's ranch, demanding to meet with him face to face. Should the President have taken time to meet with her? She accused the President of murdering her son and all the other U.S. troops who have died in Iraq. Can you understand how she could draw this conclusion? She has been joined by anti-war protestors, those who believe war is wrong under any circumstances. Under what circumstaces is war the right thing? Is our current effort in Iraq the right thing?
3) Israel recently pulled it's citizens out of the gaza strip. Was that a good idea? Should America be such a close ally with Israel? Why are Evangelical Christians so strongly supportive of Israel?
4) Do you, personally, think the earth is the only place in the universe that God created life? If so, why? If not, what else do you believe might be "out there", and why would God create something and not mention it in the Bible?
5) Judge John Roberts religions, Catholic, has become a flash point in the debate as to whether he is confirmed for the Supreme Court. Should a candidate's religion enter the discussion?
6) Cathoics, Protestants, Evangelicals, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses all profess belief in Jesus. Yet, a casual glance shows clear differences in what/who each believe Jesus to be. Are we all putting our faith in the same Jesus?
7) Is the Bible the fully and finally revealed Word of God, or are additional writings/revelations necessary?
8) Please read this column and be prepared to comment on it.
Click here to learn more about The Healing Power of Forgiveness.
To sign up for Pastor Ray's free weekly sermon email list, click here. You can find his daily weblog, online sermons, travel schedule, and other resources at www.keepbelieving.com. You can write Pastor Ray at email@example.com.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Dr. Ray Pritchard
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content