Scattershooting on a beautiful day in northeast Mississippi . . .
1) Josh, Mark and Nick have started a three-brothers blog called A Thousand Words. Mark is the prophet, Nick is the humorist, and Josh is the philosopher.
2) You can listen online to my sermon called “Ballistic Christianity” preached last Sunday at Pontiac Bible Church.
3) Steath Attack arrived at the Moody warehouse in Chicago two days ago. I haven’t seen my first copies yet. It will take a few weeks for the book to show up in bookstores. So far we have plenty of folks who want to review the book on Amazon.com. We can use more bloggers who want to review it. We also have free copies that we can give away to 25 people with a mailing list (snail mail or email) of at least 500 addresses who are willing to mention Stealth Attack to their list.
4) Check out the Pastor’s Prayer Summit in Portland, Oregon, July 24-26, 2007.
5) Kingdom Come, the last installment in the “Left Behind” series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, hits the bookstores on April 3. Tim and Jerry will be interviewed that same day on Good Morning, America.
6) A recent Yale research study on the environment and global warming including this finding: 58% of those surveyed agree that “as the Bible says, the world was literally created in six days.” Surprise, surprise.
8) John Armstrong asks What Does It Mean to Bear the Cross in the West?
9) A small group of Israeli rabbis wants to reinstitute animal sacrifices on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
10) Have you ever wondered how many other people out there share your name? I just discovered an easy way to answer that question. Go to HowManyOfMe.com and fill in your name. I discovered there are 238,173 people named Ray. It’s the 275th most popular first name. There are 30,148 Pritchards in the U.S., making it the 1170th most popular last name. And there are 24 people named “Ray Pritchard” in the U.S. I’m not sure what to make of it, but it seems like something I ought to know.