UPDATE: Want a reality-based alternative to The Jefferson Lies? Try Getting Jefferson Right: Fact Checking Claims about Our Third President, now available at Amazon.com.
In an email to supporters, David Barton discloses the title of his upcoming book on Thomas Jefferson -- The Jefferson Lies.
Barton is well qualified to speak about distortions of Jefferson's work and beliefs since he has spread so many of them. I wonder if he will recant any of them in this book. He could start here, here, here, here, here, here, and/or here.
I am actually glad to see this. Publishing a book on Jefferson via a major publisher could provide the trigger for a broad conversation about Barton's historical revisions. Perhaps, historians, including those that teach at other Christian institutions, will rise up en masse in response. I can imagine that we will see scathing book reviews in various religious publications which might wake up some Christians.
For more on David Barton, see this link.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Dr. Warren Throckmorton
- Former Colleague Claims His Work Was Plagiarized by Mark Driscoll in Two BooksFriday, August 01, 2014
- Citizens' Front Man Zach Bolen Resigns From Mars Hill ChurchSunday, June 08, 2014
- Prominent Ex-gay Group Has Ties To Unification ChurchMonday, December 30, 2013
- Another Publisher Investigates Books By Mark DriscollMonday, December 30, 2013
- The Institute on the Constitution's God and Government Project: A Call to Abandon the First AmendmentSaturday, October 12, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content