Despite Obama's criticism of Washington insiders, he chose one for his vice-presidental running mate - Joe Biden (D-DE).
Biden has a 60% rating from NARAL and a 0% rating from the National Right to Life Committee. He was originally pro-life when he came to Washington but changed his views over the years. He did vote to ban partial-birth abortions, but otherwise has taken a pro-choice position.When he was running for president, he said he accepted his church teaching (Catholic) that life begins at conception but nonetheless has been a supporter of Roe v. Wade. He was active in efforts to oppose Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork and curent justices Thomas, Alito and Roberts.
I doubt that he will help in Obama's quest to pick off some of those Evangelicals who take abortion as a pivotal issue. He may help some with Catholic voters but on balance his presence on the ticket is most likely designed to bolster nagging poll concerns about Obama's lack of experience.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Dr. Warren Throckmorton
- Former Colleague Claims His Work Was Plagiarized by Mark Driscoll in Two BooksFriday, August 01, 2014
- Citizens' Front Man Zach Bolen Resigns From Mars Hill ChurchSunday, June 08, 2014
- Prominent Ex-gay Group Has Ties To Unification ChurchMonday, December 30, 2013
- Another Publisher Investigates Books By Mark DriscollMonday, December 30, 2013
- The Institute on the Constitution's God and Government Project: A Call to Abandon the First AmendmentSaturday, October 12, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content