Overwhelmed? Exhausted? Struggling with your unbelievably long to-do list? Try these simple, but effective tips:
1) Prioritize your top three on your Things to Do List. This simple step allows you to understand the top three things you must accomplish on tomorrow’s list – no exceptions. If you get to more than that, wonderful. But if now, you still allow yourself the sense of accomplishment that you completed what you set out to do for the day.
2) Create a schedule to allot for “me” time. We have already discussed the importance of rest, so put some “me” time on your schedule and do it. Maybe it is as simple as a long bath, a warm cup of coffee, an afternoon with girlfriends, an evening stroll for some fresh air. Whatever that “me” time is, it is crucial that you take advantage of it. This allows you to be more productive throughout the day and manage your daily relationships better.
3) And most importantly, have quiet time daily with the Lord. We were created to fellowship with our Creator daily. So you must get this in. The Bible says the Proverbs 31 woman rises early before her household to plan her day. So that means, that maybe you need to adjust your schedule if you are finding it hard to have your Bible time. Having that few extra minutes in the morning to sip coffee, listen to some praise & worship music, and get into God’s word – your spiritual food for the day – gives you the refreshing and perspective you need to accomplish your many tasks and to do it with EXCELLENCE.
Author/speaker, Jennifer Maggio, is one of the nation’s leading authorities on single parents and women’s issues. She is an award-winning author and founder of The Life of a Single Mom Ministries. She currently oversees one of the nation’s largest single moms support groups and has helped to launch more than 1500 others in churches around the globe. She is a regular on radio and television. For more information, visit http://www.thelifeofasinglemom.com.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jennifer Maggio
- A Mom's Letter to her Teenage SonTuesday, November 12, 2013
- Ways to Serve a Single Parent (And Why You Should)Tuesday, November 05, 2013
- The Fear That Gripped MeTuesday, October 15, 2013
- The Good Fight of ParentingTuesday, October 08, 2013
- Why Single Parents Aren't Attending ChurchTuesday, October 01, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content