Like it or not, our kids are growing up in a world of gadgets and gizmos. Before they can even walk, many little ones know how turn the page on an iPad or even open up a favorite app on a smart phone.
Navigating technology can be challenging enough for adults, but many parents contact us wanting to know how much screen time is safe for their kids. Should Junior be allowed to use the iPad? There's really no easy answer. Over the years at the Daly house we've allowed our boys to play a few simple games on our phones from time to time.
But how much is too much?
I've always been inclined to subscribe to the "everything in moderation" philosophy when it comes to such things. And when it comes to these types of decisions, I think most moms and dads have a good sense of their own children. In the end, each parent must decide based on their own convictions how to use technology responsibly within the home.
Use and degree of use aside, our team has come across a few faith-building apps that may help you teach your kids wonderful Bible stories and even sow seeds of faith. If you are looking for a few ways to strengthen your kids’ knowledge and trust in God’s Word, you might want to check these out.
1. God’s Love: A Bible Storybook (iPad only)
by Positive Action for Christ
2. Bible Coloring Book (iPad and iPhone)
by Christian Bible Apps LLC
3. Children’s Bible Games & Activities (iPhone & iPad)
by Barcelona Multimedia
4. Adventure Bible Memory HD (iPad only)
5. David & Goliath, The MVP Edition (iPad only)
by Jumping Pages, Inc.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- 35 Steps to a Better Life 2013Monday, May 20, 2013
- A Favorite QuoteFriday, May 17, 2013
- Are You a Fan or a Follower?Thursday, May 16, 2013
- If You Want Your Kids to Pass Finals, Don't Let Them Do ThisWednesday, May 15, 2013
- How You Can Spot Body Image Issues in Your TeenTuesday, May 14, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content