Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 10, 2012
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely: don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I’m only little such a short time — please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement, but not your praise, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.
9. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
-Dr. Kevin Leman, Parenthood Without Hassles – Well, Almost
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
- One-Hundred Year-Old Wisdom About Living a Joyful LifeMonday, December 02, 2013
- The Waitress and the HoaxFriday, November 29, 2013
- November, Football and ParentingThursday, November 28, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content