Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 7, 2012
We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."
-Abraham Lincoln, 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Five Questions and Answers About the Same-Sex Marriage IssueTuesday, June 18, 2013
- These Things I'll RememberMonday, June 17, 2013
- VIDEO: Touching Father's Day Commercial "Power of Dad"Friday, June 14, 2013
- Fire Hits Our Area AgainThursday, June 13, 2013
- Notes You'll Never Throw AwayWednesday, June 12, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content