A 9-year-old Atlanta boy had a unique response to being kidnapped from his own driveway last month: he sang praises to God.
Willie Myrick, now 10, repeatedly sang Hezekiah Walker’s “Every Praise” during the three-hour ordeal. Eventually, his abductor – who had been cursing and telling the boy to shut up – pulled the car over and kicked him out.
One can’t learn of a story like this without thinking of Bible verses that promise God’s protection, like Psalm 46:1, which says, “God is our refuge and strength; a very present help in trouble.”
The song itself references the theme of deliverance in its chorus:
God my Savior
God my Healer
God my Deliverer
Yes He is, yes He is
I realize, of course, that countless victims of child abduction have not experienced this type of favorable outcome. And I also realize that it’s not due to a lack of faith. That evil exists in this form is one of life’s greatest heartbreaks. But in this case, praise God, there is great cause to rejoice. Click this link if you would like to watch the video on YouTube.
You can still catch “Irreplaceable” during its nationwide encore presentation on Thursday, May 15!
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content