Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 22, 2011
If you missed our two-day program with Dave Ramsey earlier this week, you can click here to access both shows. We talked about very practical matters relevant to every mom and dad. In fact, even the most seasoned family financial planner could learn something from the simple but solid wisdom of Dave Ramsey.
In the meantime, I think Dave’s “Seven Baby Steps” to financial peace deserve repeating. It's always a good time to return to foundational principles. So, I hope you’ll listen – and familiarize yourself with the following advice. If you've already started, how are you doing on Dave's program?
The Seven Baby Steps
Step 1: $1,000 in an emergency fund.
Step 2: Pay off all debt except the house utilizing the debt snowball.
Step 3: Three to six months of savings in a fully funded emergency fund.
Step 4: Invest 15% of your household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement plans.
Step 5: College Funding
Step 6: Pay off your home early.
Step 7: Build wealth and give.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Compromise Not Always the Best Answer to Marriage DisagreementsMonday, March 10, 2014
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content