Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 22, 2011
If you missed our two-day program with Dave Ramsey earlier this week, you can click here to access both shows. We talked about very practical matters relevant to every mom and dad. In fact, even the most seasoned family financial planner could learn something from the simple but solid wisdom of Dave Ramsey.
In the meantime, I think Dave’s “Seven Baby Steps” to financial peace deserve repeating. It's always a good time to return to foundational principles. So, I hope you’ll listen – and familiarize yourself with the following advice. If you've already started, how are you doing on Dave's program?
The Seven Baby Steps
Step 1: $1,000 in an emergency fund.
Step 2: Pay off all debt except the house utilizing the debt snowball.
Step 3: Three to six months of savings in a fully funded emergency fund.
Step 4: Invest 15% of your household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement plans.
Step 5: College Funding
Step 6: Pay off your home early.
Step 7: Build wealth and give.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Did You Hear What Happened in Denver Last Night?Thursday, April 17, 2014
- This is Not Why Jesus DiedWednesday, April 16, 2014
- WATCH: Elderly Couple Demonstrates Marital JoyTuesday, April 15, 2014
- WATCH: Behind the Scenes of Focus’ “Irreplaceable” MovieMonday, April 14, 2014
- Who’s the Better Christian?Friday, April 11, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content