Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 21, 2012
When it comes to fixing or building things around the house, the late writer, Andy Rooney, once identified five categories of people.
Which one best describes you?
1. The person who knows how to do it, and proceeds quietly and efficiently to get the job done right, alone. This is a rare species.
2. The helpless. This person can't do it, won't try to do it, and has no interest in learning how. At least his or her position is clear. Nothing is expected of this person.
3. The good helper. There are people who won't tackle a job alone, but who are good and willing helpers. Very valuable.
4. The person who does jobs around the house, but always needs help. "Helen, hand me the hammer."
5. The bystander. This is the person who doesn't ever do a job but is always there, commenting on how it should be done.
Andy concluded by stating, "I think of myself as a Category 1, but notice a good many characteristics of the Category 4 in me."
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- A Favorite QuoteFriday, May 17, 2013
- Are You a Fan or a Follower?Thursday, May 16, 2013
- If You Want Your Kids to Pass Finals, Don't Let Them Do ThisWednesday, May 15, 2013
- How You Can Spot Body Image Issues in Your TeenTuesday, May 14, 2013
- No Glee in GuiltMonday, May 13, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content