One of the most difficult things in life is to be still.
There is so much noise – the noises of the world, exaggerated by television, radio, and so on.
But you have to be still, you must stop, you must be isolated, you must think.
You cannot meet with the Lord in the midst of the noise and the bustle and the fury of life. You may be a very busy person, but stillness is still possible. You must be quiet in your own room. It is only then that you are likely to meet with him.
Stillness is one of the great prerequisites.
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Sermon: The Possibilities of the Christian Life
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Teach Them Why They Died So That We Might Live 2013Friday, May 24, 2013
- Gabrielle Reece's Controversial ConvictionThursday, May 23, 2013
- Three Ways to Be a Radical ChristianWednesday, May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma SorrowTuesday, May 21, 2013
- 35 Steps to a Better Life 2013Monday, May 20, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content