One of the most difficult things in life is to be still.
There is so much noise – the noises of the world, exaggerated by television, radio, and so on.
But you have to be still, you must stop, you must be isolated, you must think.
You cannot meet with the Lord in the midst of the noise and the bustle and the fury of life. You may be a very busy person, but stillness is still possible. You must be quiet in your own room. It is only then that you are likely to meet with him.
Stillness is one of the great prerequisites.
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Sermon: The Possibilities of the Christian Life
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Is Yelling the New Spanking for Parents? 5 Tips for Screaming-Prone Moms and DadsWednesday, March 12, 2014
- The Father Who Wished His Son Had Never Been BornTuesday, March 11, 2014
- Compromise Not Always the Best Answer to Marriage DisagreementsMonday, March 10, 2014
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content