One of the most difficult things in life is to be still.
There is so much noise – the noises of the world, exaggerated by television, radio, and so on.
But you have to be still, you must stop, you must be isolated, you must think.
You cannot meet with the Lord in the midst of the noise and the bustle and the fury of life. You may be a very busy person, but stillness is still possible. You must be quiet in your own room. It is only then that you are likely to meet with him.
Stillness is one of the great prerequisites.
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Sermon: The Possibilities of the Christian Life
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content