Posted by Jim_Daly Oct 20, 2011
There are little eyes upon you,
And they're watching night and day;
There are little ears that quickly take in
Every word you say.
There are little hands all eager
To do every thing you do,
And a little boy who's dreaming
Of the day he'll be like you.
You're the little fellow's idol.
You're the wisest of the wise;
In his little mind about you
No suspicions ever rise.
There's a wide-eyed little fellow
Who believes you're always right;
And his ears are always open
As he watches day and night.
You are setting an example
Every day in all you do
For a little boy who's waiting
To grow up to be like you.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Five Questions and Answers About the Same-Sex Marriage IssueTuesday, June 18, 2013
- These Things I'll RememberMonday, June 17, 2013
- VIDEO: Touching Father's Day Commercial "Power of Dad"Friday, June 14, 2013
- Fire Hits Our Area AgainThursday, June 13, 2013
- Notes You'll Never Throw AwayWednesday, June 12, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content