Have you ever thought about adopting, about rescuing a child from a bad situation?
Today's Focus on the Family broadcast, The Plight of the Modern-Day Orphan, features a great discussion on the topic with my friends and colleagues, Paul McCusker and Kelly Rosati. They joined John and me to discuss the impact of Charles Dickens' tale Oliver Twist during an age when orphans were largely disregarded, and reiterate today's need for orphan protection and care.
I invite you to listen here, but you'd also be interested in watching this powerful testimony about a modern-day Oliver. Just a warning, though, it is not appropriate for children.
How great is the need!
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Keep up with Focus on the Family onFacebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content