The following is excerpted from a previous July 4th reflection:
When it comes to America’s sovereignty, freedom has never been free. Dating back to the Revolutionary War right up until our ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, over 1.3 million Americans have died in combat. It’s important to remember that each of these deaths is not an isolated incident; no man is an island. When a soldier falls, life within a family unit is irrevocably and permanently changed.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Sign up for my weekly e-newsletter
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Interview: Dr. Ben CarsonThursday, July 24, 2014
- Are We Bullies on a Social Media Playground?Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Do Kittens Have a Mentor?Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- GUEST POST: The Qualities I Thought My Future Husband Should HaveMonday, July 21, 2014
- Relationships: Inconvenience or Divine Appointment?Friday, July 18, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content