Posted by Jim_Daly Dec 7, 2012
The Supreme Court’s decision today to determine whether the Constitution allows state and federal government to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman is a welcome development. When the executive branch of the government is no longer willing to defend its own law, the final arbiter must be the highest court in the land. The case will likely be heard in March or April with a decision due at the end of June.
Today’s announcement sets in motion a process that may conclude with one of the most momentous decisions ever rendered by the United States Supreme Court. Will the court affirm the basic design of the family that has stood throughout cultures worldwide for multiple millennia, or will it engage in a sweeping exercise of social reengineering with profound ramifications for this and future generations?
The justices and personnel involved deserve our prayers for wisdom and discernment.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Keep up with Focus on the Family on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content