Yesterday was the second Sunday in Advent. That means that in the blink of an eye Christmas will be upon us. Are you ready? It's time to prepare your heart, in addition to your home, for the celebration of the world's greatest birthday.
Our family has made a tradition of gathering together for Advent devotional time. If that sounds daunting and you're looking for a place to start, I'd recommend clicking here. It's easy. You'll find suggested readings as well as a step-by-step guide to celebrating the season with your children.
Now, I want to share something fun and educational with you. Call the children! The following clips come from Focus on the Family and Jelly Telly's newest DVD titled, Why Do We Call it Christmas? To order your own copy, click here. I think you and your kiddos will enjoy the following. Take a look and please let us know!
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Keep up with Focus on the Family on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
- One-Hundred Year-Old Wisdom About Living a Joyful LifeMonday, December 02, 2013
- The Waitress and the HoaxFriday, November 29, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content