The 2013 Life and Justice Conference officially begins tomorrow at New Life Church here in Colorado Springs. I’m looking forward to participating.
The critical issues of life and justice are joined at the hip, despite what some might otherwise suggest. By embracing and addressing the life issue the cause of justice is advanced and by embracing the need to do justice in the culture, the cause of life is likewise lifted up.
So what is the conference all about? Focus on the Family is cosponsoring the event, along New Life Church, Children’s Hope Chest and iEmpathize. Here is how the committee is framing it:
Life and Justice is a two day event planned to act as a catalyst calling the Body of Christ to advocate for those who cannot speak for themselves. The conference raises greater awareness of the sanctity of human life as it relates to the preborn child, orphan care, those living with a special need, the elderly, human trafficking and genocide.
The Life and Justice conference intertwines the themes of orthodoxy and orthopraxy – putting faith and truth into action:
- Speakers will provide an inspiring challenge to care for the least of these based upon Biblical teaching and example.
- Break-out sessions will equip participants to make a difference in a particular area, giving them tools to get started in their church and community.
- Participants will be drawn into issues experientially, for example, The Orphan Experience of Children’s Hope Chest, the iEmpathize human trafficking media experience, the Heart Gallery’s visual introduction the children in foster care.
- A concert by All Sons and Daughters on Saturday night will conclude the event and is open to the public.
The conference actually kicks off informally tonight with a special roundtable discussion, moderated by Mark Galli, senior editor of Christianity Today. I’m grateful to be participating in the hour-long discussion and will be joined by Gabe Lyons (Founder, Q Ideas), Dr. Daniel Caroll (Professor, Denver Seminary), Tom Davis (CEO, Children’s Hope Chest), Serrin Foster (President, Feminists for Life of America) and Kendis Paris (Executive Director, Truckers Against Trafficking).
Tonight’s discussion will be streamed LIVE and can be accessed by clicking here.
Please pray, won’t you, for all those involved in this year’s conference.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Keep up with Focus on the Family on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- “Will You Marry Me, Mommy?”Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Should Christians Be Better Tippers Than Non-Christians?Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content