Earlier this month, a young male started shooting a gun at Seattle Pacific University, a Christian school. Before he stopped to reload his weapon, he had killed one and injured three others.
A 22-year old student, Jon Meis, put himself in harm’s way to stop the gunman from inflicting further harm. Meis used pepper spray to incapacitate the shooter before knocking him down. At that point, other students jumped in and helped subdue the shooter.
Bucking the narrative
Sadly, these stories of public shootings follow a familiar storyline by now.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Sign up for my weekly e-newsletter
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Answering Single Adults QuestionsFriday, July 25, 2014
- Interview: Dr. Ben CarsonThursday, July 24, 2014
- Are We Bullies on a Social Media Playground?Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Do Kittens Have a Mentor?Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- GUEST POST: The Qualities I Thought My Future Husband Should HaveMonday, July 21, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content