Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate-turned radio talk show host, was recently asked a series of questions by a reporter named Andrew Goldmen. I want to share two of them with you.
I appreciate a guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously.
Q: Could it possibly be true that you have never, ever tried alcohol in your life?
A: That’s true, other than communion wine in Europe. But I’ve never, ever tasted beer.
Q: You’ve never cracked open the hotel minibar and thought to yourself, Well, I’m out of town, what the heck?
A: No. It’s really not a religious reason. When I was younger, someone said, “Here, try this,” and handed me a beer, and I smelled it, and I thought, Gee, that smells horrible. And they said, “Well, you have to develop a taste for it.” When they said that, I said, “All of my senses tell me to reject it, but you’re telling me that I have to keep doing it over and over till I get to the point that I’m convincing myself that I enjoy it?” Now, have I ever been tempted to break into a Krispy Kreme doughnut store in the middle of the night? Oh, yeah. God help us if I had a minibar stocked with cheesecake and chicken-fried steak. Dangerous.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
- One-Hundred Year-Old Wisdom About Living a Joyful LifeMonday, December 02, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content