Top 10 Signs I Might Be Gay
- 2008 Dec 11
1. If while talking I was ever forced to sit on my hands, it's a certainty that within two minutes I'd dislocate both of my shoulders.
2. I think Judy Garland is the greatest female singer in the history of women breaking the heart of the universe with the raw emotionalism and stunning animal prowess of their voice.
3. I am pro-interior decorating. If you want a new life, rearrange your furniture. That's my motto.
4. The only televised sport I watch with any avidity is tennis.
5. I love the theater. I simply can't look away from people in costumes and make-up seriously pretending to be people they're not.
6. When it comes to coffee, a drip or percolating machine is too crude for me. I prefer a French press, thank you very much.
7. I've recently started taking lessons in country-western line dancing. The flashy boots. The giant, gleaming belt buckles. Those hats. Please.
8. As a kid I used to cut my sister's hair. She invariably wound up looking like she'd been mauled by Edward Scissorsspaz. But still.
9. I deeply enjoy male camaraderie.
10. While just like anyone else I can delight in the over-the-top, super-gay portrayal of such characters as Jack from "Will & Grace" and Marc from "Ugly Betty," I'm also wary of the media making it too easy to laugh at or make sport of an entire population whose members, just like anyone else, would prefer not to be known primarily for their entertainment value, and who instead most desire that their sexual orientation be understood as no more indicative of who they are than is the cut of their hair or the color of their skin.
Related post o' mine (from yesterday): Am I Gay?
(If you like my stuff, you can be of true help to my ever-burgeoning writing career by simply joining my Facebook fan page. Thanks a lot.)