Some people love animals. Others love the arts. Not me. My heart goes out to Christmas – in general. When it comes to Christmas music, I consider myself a connoisseur.
What they say is true. We set up our Christmas tree on October 24 this year. I know, I know. It might have been a little early. After all, when it is still 85 degrees outside, it does kill the mood a little, I admit.
I say all that to preface, I’ve been thinking about this post for over a month now. It’s time that I do this. I’m going to attempt to list my top 10 favorite Christmas songs.
I gave myself one rule – that I couldn’t pick more than one song from each artist. That made it tough, but a bit more interesting at the same time.
So roll up your sleeves. Here it goes…
10. Silver Bells – Bing Crosby
9. Joy To The World – Nat King Cole
8. O Come Let Us Adore Him – Shane & Shane
7. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Michael Buble’
6. Angels We Have Heard On High – Christina Aguilera
5. O Little Town Of Bethlehem – Harry Connick Jr.
4. This Christmas – Elliott Yamin
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Folk Angel Music (feat. Robbie Seay Band)
2. I Pray on Christmas – Dave Barnes
1. Winter Snow – Chris Tomlin (feat. Audrey Assad)
A few honorable mentions:
Christmas Time Is Here – Matt Wertz
The Birth Of The King – Clint Black
Mary, Did You Know – Kenny Rogers
What Child Is This – Andrea Bocelli (with Mary J. Blige)
Come And Worship – Bebo Norman
The Best Overall Christmas Album:
Very Merry Christmas – Dave Barnes
The Best Album To Help Explain Christmas To Your Kids:
Behold The Lamb Of God – Andrew Peterson
Well there it is. It feels like I just gave birth to a baby. Ok, maybe it wasn’t quite that painful.
What songs do you think should be in this list?