BLOGGER’S NOTE: Each Friday, I blog about what YOU, the people, want me to blog about. You can submit topics or questions that you’d like me to address HERE. I’ll choose one (or more) and depending on the subject matter and my mental faculties, the corresponding thoughts may be chatty or concise. Regardless, I promise that I will thoughtfully consider what is sent and will blog to the best of my abilities.
So the people have not really spoken a whole, whole lot this week. Actually, one suggested topic was already addressed somewhat in Tuesday’s blog. Another was just a little too out there for me to grasp (sorry!).
And that’s okay. The way I see it, I have the power and authority to make it a “Blogger’s Choice” blog should I want to do so. And today, I feel like doing so. So … enjoy!
TOPIC: What are some of the most fun, thought-provoking questions you’ve ever been asked or have asked of others?
DISCUSSION: I was thinking about this topic, because I had just flipped through my handy-dandy paperback titled The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D. Ever heard of it? It’s a great little discovery tool for first dates (if there’s a lull in conversation or you’re just desperate for a lifeline … help me!) or gatherings with new friends who you don’t know really well.
So, because this is my blog, I thought I would try to personalize this method of conversation starters. And I’ve come up with a list of fun thought-provokers that I can remember either asking someone else or being asked myself throughout my life. Hope they stir up some thinking or help you out in the next awkward moment in any type of conversation you may be having. …
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- Did you know you were looking at your future wife or husband when you first met?
- What’s something you’ve never told anyone else?
- If you could change your name, what would it be and why?
- What is your earliest memory as a child?
- Who should star as you in the motion picture of your life?
- If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would you do today?
- What would you say if you met the President?
- What’s your biggest phobia?
- Did your most embarrassing moment happen in slow-mo or in real time?
- Have you ever re-gifted? If so, what was it?
- What’s the best prank you’ve every played on someone else?
- Do you remember the last dream that you had?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how painful is childbirth? (This would, of course, be a question for the ladies only.)
- What five people would be guests at your fantasy dinner party?
- Who has been the most influential human being in your life?
- If your all-time, worst enemy needed bone marrow and yours was found to be compatible, would you donate it?
- When did you realize that Santa Claus was not real? (My apologies, if I just let the cat out of the gift bag for some of you readers.)
- If you could go back in time and could change only one incident (something you said, something you did, etc.), what would it be?
- Who was your very first crush?
- In your opinion, what is the best [Fill in the cultural-arts or popular-entertainment blank: movie, album, book, band, musician, TV show, artist, writer, etc.] ever?
- What would you like to be inscribed on your tombstone? What do you think actually will get inscribed on your tombstone?
- If you could only choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be and why?
- Besides family members, who do most people say you look like?
- If you could choose, what would be your very last meal?
- What’s the worst social blunder/foot-in-mouth situation you’ve ever experienced?
- Have you ever read all the way through someone’s blog and when you got to the end wondered why you did so? Yeah … me, too.
Well I can’t think of anything else at the moment, so these questions will have to suffice. Hope you’ve enjoyed this easy-breezy edition of The People’s Blog. If you want me to blog about something more interesting or substantive, then help a sister out and send me something this week!
To have your topics or questions about anything and everything considered for the next edition of “The People’s Blog,” please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Laura MacCorkle
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content