A study published in the Journal of Christian Nursing finds that 80 percent of 10-year-old girls have been on a diet.
The study also revealed that 53 percent of 13-year-old girls are unhappy with their bodies, a number that increases to 78 percent by age 17 and three out of four teenage girls feel depressed, guilty and shameful after spending three minutes looking through a fashion magazine.
According to the study, the number one wish of girls 11 to 17 is to be thinner. On top of this, 43 percent of first- to third-grade girls want to be thinner.
Source: Daily Mail
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Over Half of Millennials Have Shared a ‘Selfie’Thursday, March 06, 2014
- Judge Rules Against Teen Who Sued Parents for Financial SupportWednesday, March 05, 2014
- Smoking Tied to Changes in the Structure of Teen BrainsTuesday, March 04, 2014
- Study: Bedroom TVs Predicted Youth Weight GainMonday, March 03, 2014
- What's Hot? 02/28/14Friday, February 28, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content