A study published in the Journal of Christian Nursing finds that 80 percent of 10-year-old girls have been on a diet.
The study also revealed that 53 percent of 13-year-old girls are unhappy with their bodies, a number that increases to 78 percent by age 17 and three out of four teenage girls feel depressed, guilty and shameful after spending three minutes looking through a fashion magazine.
According to the study, the number one wish of girls 11 to 17 is to be thinner. On top of this, 43 percent of first- to third-grade girls want to be thinner.
Source: Daily Mail
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Court Rules Parents May Be Liable for What Their Kids Post on FacebookTuesday, October 21, 2014
- Another Study Finds Teens Still SextingMonday, October 20, 2014
- What's Hot? 10/17/14Friday, October 17, 2014
- Authoritarian Mothers Linked to Increased Teen Alcohol UseThursday, October 16, 2014
- More Than 80% of Children Lie About Their Age to Use Social Media SitesWednesday, October 15, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content