A study published in the Journal of Christian Nursing finds that 80 percent of 10-year-old girls have been on a diet.
The study also revealed that 53 percent of 13-year-old girls are unhappy with their bodies, a number that increases to 78 percent by age 17 and three out of four teenage girls feel depressed, guilty and shameful after spending three minutes looking through a fashion magazine.
According to the study, the number one wish of girls 11 to 17 is to be thinner. On top of this, 43 percent of first- to third-grade girls want to be thinner.
Source: Daily Mail
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 12/06/13Friday, December 06, 2013
- Five Teen Trends for 2014 And BeyondThursday, December 05, 2013
- Teens' Social Media Can Hurt College ChancesWednesday, December 04, 2013
- Study: Parents Clueless About Tech's Dangers to Teen HearingMonday, November 25, 2013
- What's Hot? 11/22/13Friday, November 22, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content