A new report from Juniper Research has found that by 2017, a quarter of a billion people will use their mobile or tablet device to access adult content, such as videos, images and live cams, up by more than 30 percent on current usage. The report highlighted that this is attributable to an emphasis on high-definition, niche-centric product, as well as the flourishing availability of mobile-optimized free content.
According to the report, Mobile Adult Content: Monetization, Technologies & Legislation 2013–2018, smartphones and tablets have become key distribution channels for adult service providers, with those at the forefront of the industry ensuring that content is differentiated for and tailored to the increasingly mobile audience.
In addition, the report suggests that usage on tablets would be fueled by the increasing trend towards tablets becoming personal, as opposed to shared household devices, thereby alleviating user concerns that other family members might view inappropriate content.
Source: Center for Media Research
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 08/22/14Friday, August 22, 2014
- Brain Imaging Shows Differences in Risk Taking TeensThursday, August 21, 2014
- Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent AdolescentsWednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content