The highest rates were in Rhode Island and New Hampshire, where more than half of girls ages 13 through 17 got at least one dose of three-shot vaccination. The lowest rates were in Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina.
The federal report is the first to give state-by-state rates for the Gardasil vaccine that targets the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus. The report was released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Source: Google/Associated Press
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- The Web Blasts Past One Billion WebsitesFriday, September 19, 2014
- What's Hot? 09/19/14Friday, September 19, 2014
- Destiny Sales Fall Short of the HypeThursday, September 18, 2014
- Focus On Dangers of Caffeine Powder Is IncreasingWednesday, September 17, 2014
- Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming EntertainmentTuesday, September 16, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content