The highest rates were in Rhode Island and New Hampshire, where more than half of girls ages 13 through 17 got at least one dose of three-shot vaccination. The lowest rates were in Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina.
The federal report is the first to give state-by-state rates for the Gardasil vaccine that targets the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus. The report was released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Source: Google/Associated Press
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Cutting Increasing Among AdolescentsThursday, December 12, 2013
- Millennial Holiday Tech Wishlist [INFOGRAPHIC]Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Study: Movie Violence Accompanied by Smoking, Drinking, SexTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Teen Athletes Prone to Drink, Less Likely to Use DrugsMonday, December 09, 2013
- What's Hot? 12/06/13Friday, December 06, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content