The highest rates were in Rhode Island and New Hampshire, where more than half of girls ages 13 through 17 got at least one dose of three-shot vaccination. The lowest rates were in Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina.
The federal report is the first to give state-by-state rates for the Gardasil vaccine that targets the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus. The report was released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Source: Google/Associated Press
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Guidelines for Buying a Used Car for a Teen DriverWednesday, July 23, 2014
- Add Caffeine Powder to List of Teen RisksTuesday, July 22, 2014
- More Millennials Living With Family Than SeniorsMonday, July 21, 2014
- What's Hot? 07/18/14Friday, July 18, 2014
- Teen Drivers Not Wearing Seat BeltsThursday, July 17, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content