Came across these culture stories of interest...
New York City to Ban Sales of Sugary Drinks over 16-Ounces.
Not sure how this helps fight obesity. I'm guessing it won't take long for New Yorkers to figure out how to purchase two medium-sized drinks.
Teen Cosmetic Surgeries Skyrocket
In 2011, about 250,000 teens oped for plastic surgery. Nose jobs and breast surgeries were the top two procedures performed.
Florida Mom Allegedly Chokes Teen Boy Over Facebook Comments About Daughter
Mom has been charged with child abuse. Protective instincts are good, but assault is probably not the best method for addressing Facebook bullying.
Millennials Switch Mediums 27 Times an Hour
By the time you say "attention deficit," millennials have already moved from a laptop to an iPhone.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Brain Imaging Shows Differences in Risk Taking TeensThursday, August 21, 2014
- Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent AdolescentsWednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
- What's Hot? 08/15/14Friday, August 15, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content