Came across these culture stories of interest...
New York City to Ban Sales of Sugary Drinks over 16-Ounces.
Not sure how this helps fight obesity. I'm guessing it won't take long for New Yorkers to figure out how to purchase two medium-sized drinks.
Teen Cosmetic Surgeries Skyrocket
In 2011, about 250,000 teens oped for plastic surgery. Nose jobs and breast surgeries were the top two procedures performed.
Florida Mom Allegedly Chokes Teen Boy Over Facebook Comments About Daughter
Mom has been charged with child abuse. Protective instincts are good, but assault is probably not the best method for addressing Facebook bullying.
Millennials Switch Mediums 27 Times an Hour
By the time you say "attention deficit," millennials have already moved from a laptop to an iPhone.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Too Little Sleep May Add to Teen Health ProblemsWednesday, April 23, 2014
- Concussions Increase Risk of Teen SuicideTuesday, April 22, 2014
- Loud Talking and Rowdiness Adds to Risks for Teen DriversMonday, April 21, 2014
- What's Hot? 04/18/14Friday, April 18, 2014
- Even Casual Marijuana Use Can Alter Young BrainsThursday, April 17, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content