This year, eMarketer forecasts, 132.5 million US web users will use the site. That increase of 13.4% in the number of users means Facebook will reach almost nine in 10 social network users and 57.1% of internet users. By 2013, 62% of web users and almost half (47.6%) of the overall US population will be on Facebook.
Facebook's broad reach means that its once-dramatic growth rates are over; eMarketer forecasts single-digit growth in users after this year. On Twitter, growth rates will be higher, but relatively few online Americans use the microblogging service.
By the end of 2010, 16.4 million US adults, or 9% of the adult internet population, used Twitter. Growth will surpass 26% this year as Twitter reaches 11% of internet users and 16.5% of US adult social network users. By 2013, nearly 28 million Americans will be tweeting.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent AdolescentsWednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
- What's Hot? 08/15/14Friday, August 15, 2014
- Part Time Teen Job Means Better Earnings Later In LifeThursday, August 14, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content