The final Harry Potter movie shattered the record for an opening weekend at the North American box office, industry trackers said.
Muggles – non-magical people – of all ages handed over a collective $169.2 million as they flocked to see “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” the eighth and final film about the boy wizard.
The haul is $11 million more the previous opening weekend record of $158-million set in 2008 by the Batman film “The Dark Knight.”
“DH-2” had already raked in a record $92.1 million in opening day sales, smashing the previous record held by “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” which took $72.7 million in 2009.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Millennial Holiday Tech Wishlist [INFOGRAPHIC]Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Study: Movie Violence Accompanied by Smoking, Drinking, SexTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Teen Athletes Prone to Drink, Less Likely to Use DrugsMonday, December 09, 2013
- What's Hot? 12/06/13Friday, December 06, 2013
- Five Teen Trends for 2014 And BeyondThursday, December 05, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content