The final Harry Potter movie shattered the record for an opening weekend at the North American box office, industry trackers said.
Muggles – non-magical people – of all ages handed over a collective $169.2 million as they flocked to see “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” the eighth and final film about the boy wizard.
The haul is $11 million more the previous opening weekend record of $158-million set in 2008 by the Batman film “The Dark Knight.”
“DH-2” had already raked in a record $92.1 million in opening day sales, smashing the previous record held by “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” which took $72.7 million in 2009.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Too Little Sleep May Add to Teen Health ProblemsWednesday, April 23, 2014
- Concussions Increase Risk of Teen SuicideTuesday, April 22, 2014
- Loud Talking and Rowdiness Adds to Risks for Teen DriversMonday, April 21, 2014
- What's Hot? 04/18/14Friday, April 18, 2014
- Even Casual Marijuana Use Can Alter Young BrainsThursday, April 17, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content