The results of Piper Jaffray's 25th bi-annual teen survey showed Apple to be the most desired brand among American teenagers who care about things like smartphones and tablets.
"We believe that despite the push from competitive products, particularly from Samsung, it appears Apple has solidly remained the platform of choice for teens," wrote Piper Jaffray senior analyst Gene Munster.
The key findings:
• 91% of teens say they plan to buy a smartphone for their next high-tech device, up from 86% last spring and 90% last fall
• 59% of teens say they are likely to buy an iOS device (unchanged from fall)
• 48% of teens already own an iPhone, compared with 40% last fall
• 62% of teens plan on making an iPhone their next mobile device (flat vs. fall 2012)
• 51% already own a tablet, up from 44% last fall
• Among teens who own tablets, 68% own iPads, down from 72%
• 17% of teens plan on buying a tablet in the next 6 months (vs. 20% Fall 2012), with 68% of these planning to buy an iPad
Source: CNN Money
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent AdolescentsWednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
- What's Hot? 08/15/14Friday, August 15, 2014
- Part Time Teen Job Means Better Earnings Later In LifeThursday, August 14, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content