Hey parents, here’s a tip. Don’t set off on the back to school shopping trip without first consulting your kids. Looks like your idea of what they want doesn’t quite jibe with what’s on their wish list. A survey conducted by online shopping site Ebates finds 43 percent of parents think kids want new clothing this time of year. You were headed out to buy clothing, right?
But the 1,100 kids ages 8 to 18 who answered the survey said their top priority was technology. In fact, 42 percent said they’d rather have a new smartphone, a laptop or even a tablet. Of those who were wishing for tech, it was the tweens (8-12) who yearned for the shiny, new gadgets more than the teens.
According to the survey, here is what parents think their kids want for back-to-school: 43 percent clothing, 17 percent shoes, 17 percent other, 13 percent backpack, and 10 percent high tech. Here is what kids say they want: 42 percent high tech, 29 percent clothing, 11 percent other, 10 percent shoes, 8 percent backpack.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- The Web Blasts Past One Billion WebsitesFriday, September 19, 2014
- What's Hot? 09/19/14Friday, September 19, 2014
- Destiny Sales Fall Short of the HypeThursday, September 18, 2014
- Focus On Dangers of Caffeine Powder Is IncreasingWednesday, September 17, 2014
- Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming EntertainmentTuesday, September 16, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content