Fifty-one percent of Americans ages 12 and up have Facebook accounts, says Edison Research, which will release a full report on its findings in a webinar on April 5.
Edison has been tracking the growth of Facebook since 2008 and says the site was only used by 8 percent of Americans of the same age just three years ago.
According to Facebook's official numbers, there are more than 500 million people on the site worldwide. That's about the same as the combined population of the European Union. Since 2008, Facebook usage has increased, especially among people 35-years-old and up, the study says.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Bullying Linked to Suicidal Behavior in AdolescentsTuesday, March 11, 2014
- Teens Likely to Get Opioid Rx for HeadachesMonday, March 10, 2014
- Teens Who Try E-Cigarettes Are More Likely to Try Tobacco TooFriday, March 07, 2014
- What's Hot? 03/07/14Friday, March 07, 2014
- Over Half of Millennials Have Shared a ‘Selfie’Thursday, March 06, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content