Leave it to teenagers to take something as wholesome as gummy bears and turn it into booze-soaked mischief.
Using online tutorials, some teens are soaking the candy in vodka for several days and eating it to get a buzz.
It's a big trend in California and so popular that one police department has posted a warning on its Facebook page.
Police say because teens are eating handfuls of candy, they don't know how much alcohol they're ingesting at a time. The teens get really drunk really fast without their parents finding a trace of illicit substances.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Too Little Sleep May Add to Teen Health ProblemsWednesday, April 23, 2014
- Concussions Increase Risk of Teen SuicideTuesday, April 22, 2014
- Loud Talking and Rowdiness Adds to Risks for Teen DriversMonday, April 21, 2014
- What's Hot? 04/18/14Friday, April 18, 2014
- Even Casual Marijuana Use Can Alter Young BrainsThursday, April 17, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content