Leave it to teenagers to take something as wholesome as gummy bears and turn it into booze-soaked mischief.
Using online tutorials, some teens are soaking the candy in vodka for several days and eating it to get a buzz.
It's a big trend in California and so popular that one police department has posted a warning on its Facebook page.
Police say because teens are eating handfuls of candy, they don't know how much alcohol they're ingesting at a time. The teens get really drunk really fast without their parents finding a trace of illicit substances.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming EntertainmentTuesday, September 16, 2014
- Television Audience Is Getting OlderMonday, September 15, 2014
- What's Hot? 09/12/14Friday, September 12, 2014
- Teens Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Face Increased RisksThursday, September 11, 2014
- Only One in Three Millennials Have A Credit CardWednesday, September 10, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content