Leave it to teenagers to take something as wholesome as gummy bears and turn it into booze-soaked mischief.
Using online tutorials, some teens are soaking the candy in vodka for several days and eating it to get a buzz.
It's a big trend in California and so popular that one police department has posted a warning on its Facebook page.
Police say because teens are eating handfuls of candy, they don't know how much alcohol they're ingesting at a time. The teens get really drunk really fast without their parents finding a trace of illicit substances.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 12/06/13Friday, December 06, 2013
- Five Teen Trends for 2014 And BeyondThursday, December 05, 2013
- Teens' Social Media Can Hurt College ChancesWednesday, December 04, 2013
- Study: Parents Clueless About Tech's Dangers to Teen HearingMonday, November 25, 2013
- What's Hot? 11/22/13Friday, November 22, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content