Leave it to teenagers to take something as wholesome as gummy bears and turn it into booze-soaked mischief.
Using online tutorials, some teens are soaking the candy in vodka for several days and eating it to get a buzz.
It's a big trend in California and so popular that one police department has posted a warning on its Facebook page.
Police say because teens are eating handfuls of candy, they don't know how much alcohol they're ingesting at a time. The teens get really drunk really fast without their parents finding a trace of illicit substances.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Teens Likely to Get Opioid Rx for HeadachesMonday, March 10, 2014
- Teens Who Try E-Cigarettes Are More Likely to Try Tobacco TooFriday, March 07, 2014
- What's Hot? 03/07/14Friday, March 07, 2014
- Over Half of Millennials Have Shared a ‘Selfie’Thursday, March 06, 2014
- Judge Rules Against Teen Who Sued Parents for Financial SupportWednesday, March 05, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content