Teenagers are using all kinds of social networks nowadays — Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter — but they’re not really flocking to one exclusively. It seems like every month, a study shows that teens favor one social media site over another. Now a new study from Piper Jaffray claims that Facebook has beaten Twitter as the hot social network du jour.
Piper Jaffray polled 7,700 teenagers in the U.S., asking them about their social networking habits. Facebook was the most popular, followed by Twitter, and Instagram (which is now owned by Facebook).
Additionally, the study showed that teens have cooled on gaming through Facebook.
How are teens logging onto Facebook? Through their iPhones. The study also showed that more teens are turning to the Apple phone — 40 percent said they own one, up from 34 percent in the dpring and 23 percent in gall 2011. 62 percent planned to buy an iPhone; 22 percent said their next phone would be a Samsung.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 08/29/14Friday, August 29, 2014
- Screen Time Makes Tweens Clueless on Reading Social CuesThursday, August 28, 2014
- Teens Love E-CigsWednesday, August 27, 2014
- Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2018Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Teens Who Skimp on Sleep Face Later Obesity RiskMonday, August 25, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content