Teenagers are using all kinds of social networks nowadays — Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter — but they’re not really flocking to one exclusively. It seems like every month, a study shows that teens favor one social media site over another. Now a new study from Piper Jaffray claims that Facebook has beaten Twitter as the hot social network du jour.
Piper Jaffray polled 7,700 teenagers in the U.S., asking them about their social networking habits. Facebook was the most popular, followed by Twitter, and Instagram (which is now owned by Facebook).
Additionally, the study showed that teens have cooled on gaming through Facebook.
How are teens logging onto Facebook? Through their iPhones. The study also showed that more teens are turning to the Apple phone — 40 percent said they own one, up from 34 percent in the dpring and 23 percent in gall 2011. 62 percent planned to buy an iPhone; 22 percent said their next phone would be a Samsung.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 04/18/14Friday, April 18, 2014
- Even Casual Marijuana Use Can Alter Young BrainsThursday, April 17, 2014
- Video Games Do Not Negatively Impact Teen Academic PerformanceWednesday, April 16, 2014
- For Many Teens Formal Sex Education Is Too LateTuesday, April 15, 2014
- 2014 Prom Spending Down But Still CostlyMonday, April 14, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content