The most recent comScore data reports that an all-time high of 188 million U.S. consumers watched an estimated 38 billion Web videos in August.
Americans viewed 9.5 billion video ads last month, with each of the top four video ad properties delivering more than 1 billion ads each. Overall, video ads reached 54 percent of the total U.S. population an average of 58 times during the month.
Also worth noting, comScore found that the duration of the average online content video was 6.7 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes.
Video ads also accounted for 20 percent of all videos viewed last month, and 1.4 percent of all minutes spent viewing video online.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 04/18/14Friday, April 18, 2014
- Even Casual Marijuana Use Can Alter Young BrainsThursday, April 17, 2014
- Video Games Do Not Negatively Impact Teen Academic PerformanceWednesday, April 16, 2014
- For Many Teens Formal Sex Education Is Too LateTuesday, April 15, 2014
- 2014 Prom Spending Down But Still CostlyMonday, April 14, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content