Just when we were comfortable with our understanding that teens rule tech-related markets, comes this surprising tidbit:
New research conducted by mobile game recommendation engine PlayPhone finds that 68% of mobile gamers are women, 71% of whom are married, and 46% of whom are between 40 and 64 years old. The survey also found that 61% of these women play these games at home in their living room (while 41% play in the bedroom), and nearly a third play them in the evening.
“As mobile gaming expands with increased smartphone and tablet penetration, we’re seeing a very broad and diverse audience develop for mobile gaming, with women comprising 68% of mobile gamers who play on a smartphone or tablet for at least an hour each day, ” Anders Evju, PlayPhone’s chief marketing officer, tells Marketing Daily.
Source: Marketing Daily
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- The Web Blasts Past One Billion WebsitesFriday, September 19, 2014
- What's Hot? 09/19/14Friday, September 19, 2014
- Destiny Sales Fall Short of the HypeThursday, September 18, 2014
- Focus On Dangers of Caffeine Powder Is IncreasingWednesday, September 17, 2014
- Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming EntertainmentTuesday, September 16, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content