Do unto others what you would have them do unto you. The Golden Rule, I love it. While the Bible doesn't say it exactly like that, you get the idea.
Love people and they will love you back.
Pray for others and they will lift you up.
Care for your friends and they will care for you.
Be a strong tower in someone's life and they will hold you up in your time of need.
Put someone else's needs before yours and they will do the same.
It's that upside down economy in God's kingdom. Instead of trying to climb over everyone else to get to the top, be a ladder. It works. Give it a try. Make the first move. Go love on someone today.
"Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves" (Romans 12:10 NIV).
I dare you.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Lori Freeland
- You Want Me to be Thankful for What?Thursday, April 24, 2014
- Wishes, Wants, and Secret Fantasies: Surviving the Storm SeriesFriday, March 21, 2014
- When Life Stops: Surviving the Storm SeriesMonday, March 17, 2014
- When Not Good Enough Screams PrideFriday, May 31, 2013
- Where is the Good?Thursday, March 14, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content