I can keep everything for myself, close my fist, and hold it tight. Or, I can turn around and let wisdom, encouragement, and motivation trickle into others.
The best way to appreciate those who take time with me is to bless someone else.
We are all in a different place in our lives. There will always be someone ahead of me in the journey and there will always be someone behind me.
Turn around and look at the person following in your footsteps and take notice. Make time to ask about her about work and really listen. Save some energy to brainstorm his new idea. Encourage her latest achievement.
After all, picture this—you are standing behind the accomplished person ahead in the line. Isn't it great when they look back and smile?
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).
Build someone up today.
Leave a comment and let us know how you were a blessing.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Lori Freeland
- You Want Me to be Thankful for What?Thursday, April 24, 2014
- Wishes, Wants, and Secret Fantasies: Surviving the Storm SeriesFriday, March 21, 2014
- When Life Stops: Surviving the Storm SeriesMonday, March 17, 2014
- When Not Good Enough Screams PrideFriday, May 31, 2013
- Where is the Good?Thursday, March 14, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content