One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.
Who is your strong tower? Your parents? Your brothers? Your friends? Or your Lord?
I wish I would have made that decision at your age, choosing God as my safe haven, over others. That choice would have saved me so many struggles. I urge you to run to God in your times of sadness and need as well as your times of excitement and dancing. Choose who you will follow this day and know that He will shelter you.
Father, thank you for being Maddy's refuge, a place for her to run and find safety and peace. Cover her under the shadow of your wing when she is in need of shelter.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Lori Freeland
- You Want Me to be Thankful for What?Thursday, April 24, 2014
- Wishes, Wants, and Secret Fantasies: Surviving the Storm SeriesFriday, March 21, 2014
- When Life Stops: Surviving the Storm SeriesMonday, March 17, 2014
- When Not Good Enough Screams PrideFriday, May 31, 2013
- Where is the Good?Thursday, March 14, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content