So much meaning.
The words I say, good and bad, have such a profound and sometimes long-lasting impact. Watch someone's face drop when you are rushed, short, or cruel. Compare it to the times you are attentive, patient, and kind.
Let's embrace each other, encourage each other, surround each other in love, and build each other up rather than tear each other down.
"They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim cruel words like deadly arrows" (Psalm 64:3).
Lord, Today will you help me remember to think before I speak? Will you put the words in my mouth that others are longing to hear? Will you bless me by allowing me to be You with skin on? I want to be a blessing not a weapon.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Lori Freeland
- You Want Me to be Thankful for What?Thursday, April 24, 2014
- Wishes, Wants, and Secret Fantasies: Surviving the Storm SeriesFriday, March 21, 2014
- When Life Stops: Surviving the Storm SeriesMonday, March 17, 2014
- When Not Good Enough Screams PrideFriday, May 31, 2013
- Where is the Good?Thursday, March 14, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content