The books below excited me, challenged me, opened my eyes, or strengthened my spiritual walk in just the right way at just the right time. I wonder if they might not perform one of the same tasks for you.
Absence of one of your faves from this list is not in any way a detraction. It probably just means I didn't read it, or it didn't impact me (or I didn't perceive the impact on the culture) the way these others did.
- unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity, by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons (Baker Books, 2007).
- The Culturally-Savvy Christian, by Dick Staub (John Wiley & Sons, 2007).
- Evangelical Feminism: A New Path to Liberalism? by Wayne Grudem (Crossway, 2006).
- Heaven, by Randy Alcorn (Tyndale House, 2004).
- Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller (Thomas Nelson, 2003).
- Wild at Heart, by John Eldredge (Thomas Nelson, 2002).
- Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity, by Lauren Winner (Baker Books, 2006).
- Vintage Church, by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears (Crossway, 2009).
- Worship Matters, by Bob Kauflin & Paul Baloche (Crossway, 2008).
- Epic, by John Eldredge (Thomas Nelson, 2004).
Don't neglect enriching yourself and the depth of your faith by failing to read the words of others God has blessed with wisdom, knowledge, and fresh takes - even those you disagree with can help you grow! Consider checking out one of the above titles or another recommended book today. Or, maybe you'll be the one who writes one of the great books of the 2010s!
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Shawn McEvoy
Shawn McEvoy is the Managing Editor of Crosswalk.com. He is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University and Virginia Commonwealth University. Shawn is married with two children. In addition to writing for the leading online evangelical publication, he has also written for fantasy sports and pop culture websites.
Recently by Shawn McEvoy
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content