Psalm 25 and "My God Is..." List
Paul Tautges has served Immanuel Bible Church in Sheboygan, Wisconsin as pastor since 1992. He is also an adjunct professor of biblical counseling and conference speaker. Paul has authored eight books including Counsel One Another, Comfort Those Who Grieve, The Discipline of Mercy, and Brass Heavens. He is also the editor of the popular Help! discipleship counseling booklet series (24 titles). Paul is a NANC Fellow and a Council Board member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition. He and his wife Karen are the parents of ten children. Paul blogs regularly at counselingoneanother.com.
- 2013 Jun 07
For some time now (having been encouraged by a sister in the Lord in our church), I have been forming a "My God Is" list. The purpose of this list is to intentionally place the focus of my mind and heart upon that which is true, honorable, upright, etc (Philippians 4:8). This morning, I found myself in Psalm 25 and the qualities and attributes of God were jumping off the page left and right. Here are those I found in two readings.
MY GOD IS...
- trustworthy (v. 1)
- the rewarder of those who wait for Him (v. 3)
- faithful to guide His own (vv. 4-5, 10, 12)
- the God of my salvation (v. 5b)
- compassionate (v. 6)
- filled with lovingkindness (grace) (v. 6)
- forgiving...He remembers me, but not my sin!! (vv. 7, 11, 18)
- good (v. 8)
- upright (v. 8)
- the instructor of sinners (v. 8)
- provider of justice for the humble (v. 9)
- teacher of the humble (v. 9)
- companion of the lonely (v. 16)
- caretaker of the afflicted (v. 16)
- guardian and deliverer (v. 20)
- a refuge (v. 20)
- Redeemer (v. 22)
What an incredible Psalm! I encourage you to spend time meditating on the attributes of God revealed in Psalm 25 and begin your own "My God Is..." list.