Psalm 25 and "My God Is..." List
Paul TautgesPaul Tautges serves as senior pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, having previously pastored for 22 years in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Paul has authored eight books including Counseling One Another, Brass Heavens, and Comfort the Grieving, and contributed chapters to two volumes produced by the Biblical Counseling Coalition. He is also the consulting editor of the LifeLine Mini-Book series from Shepherd Press. Paul is a Fellow with ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors). He and his wife, Karen, are the parents of ten children (three married), and have two grandchildren. Paul enjoys writing as a means of cultivating discipleship among believers and, therefore, blogs regularly at Counseling One Another.
- 2013 Jun 07
For some time now (having been encouraged by a sister in the Lord in our church), I have been forming a "My God Is" list. The purpose of this list is to intentionally place the focus of my mind and heart upon that which is true, honorable, upright, etc (Philippians 4:8). This morning, I found myself in Psalm 25 and the qualities and attributes of God were jumping off the page left and right. Here are those I found in two readings.
MY GOD IS...
- trustworthy (v. 1)
- the rewarder of those who wait for Him (v. 3)
- faithful to guide His own (vv. 4-5, 10, 12)
- the God of my salvation (v. 5b)
- compassionate (v. 6)
- filled with lovingkindness (grace) (v. 6)
- forgiving...He remembers me, but not my sin!! (vv. 7, 11, 18)
- good (v. 8)
- upright (v. 8)
- the instructor of sinners (v. 8)
- provider of justice for the humble (v. 9)
- teacher of the humble (v. 9)
- companion of the lonely (v. 16)
- caretaker of the afflicted (v. 16)
- guardian and deliverer (v. 20)
- a refuge (v. 20)
- Redeemer (v. 22)
What an incredible Psalm! I encourage you to spend time meditating on the attributes of God revealed in Psalm 25 and begin your own "My God Is..." list.