For some time now (having been encouraged by a sister in the Lord in our church), I have been forming a "My God Is" list. The purpose of this list is to intentionally place the focus of my mind and heart upon that which is true, honorable, upright, etc (Philippians 4:8). This morning, I found myself in Psalm 25 and the qualities and attributes of God were jumping off the page left and right. Here are those I found in two readings.
MY GOD IS...
- trustworthy (v. 1)
- the rewarder of those who wait for Him (v. 3)
- faithful to guide His own (vv. 4-5, 10, 12)
- the God of my salvation (v. 5b)
- compassionate (v. 6)
- filled with lovingkindness (grace) (v. 6)
- forgiving...He remembers me, but not my sin!! (vv. 7, 11, 18)
- good (v. 8)
- upright (v. 8)
- the instructor of sinners (v. 8)
- provider of justice for the humble (v. 9)
- teacher of the humble (v. 9)
- companion of the lonely (v. 16)
- caretaker of the afflicted (v. 16)
- guardian and deliverer (v. 20)
- a refuge (v. 20)
- Redeemer (v. 22)
What an incredible Psalm! I encourage you to spend time meditating on the attributes of God revealed in Psalm 25 and begin your own "My God Is..." list.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Paul Tautges
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content