The following is taken from Jonathan Edwards' "Resolutions":
52. I frequently hear persons in old age say how they would live, if they were to live their lives over again: Resolved, That I will live just so as I can think I shall wish I had done, supposing I live to old age. July 8, 1723.
He had seventy. God help me to keep at least one.
You can see the other sixty-nine here.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Mike Pohlman
- A Peru Mission Trip For the Hallowing of God's NameThursday, March 29, 2012
- The Gates of Hell Shall Not PrevailWednesday, March 28, 2012
- Facebook, the Church, and RealityFriday, January 28, 2011
- "Staggering the Moral Imagination"Thursday, January 13, 2011
- What are you addicted to? Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content