John Owen on the love of God:
Christ is the merciful high priest over the house of God, by whom we have access to the throne of grace. By Christ we have access and acceptance with the Father. By Christ we believe in God (1 Peter 1:21). Through Christ, then, we have access to the Father, we behold the Father's glory also and enjoy fellowship with the Father in his own special love. All this we receive by faith. As we come to the Father's love through Christ, so the Father's love comes to us through Christ. The light of the sun comes to us by its beams. By its beams we see the sun, and by its beams the sun touches us. Jesus Christ is the beam of his Father's love and through him the Father's love reaches down and touches us. By Jesus Christ also we see and experience and are led up to the Father's love. If we, as believers, would meditate on this truth more and live in the light of it, there would be great spiritual growth in our walk with God.
--John Owen, Communion with God (1657)
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Mike Pohlman
- A Peru Mission Trip For the Hallowing of God's NameThursday, March 29, 2012
- The Gates of Hell Shall Not PrevailWednesday, March 28, 2012
- Facebook, the Church, and RealityFriday, January 28, 2011
- "Staggering the Moral Imagination"Thursday, January 13, 2011
- What are you addicted to? Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content