John Owen on seeing Christ's glory:
"It is by beholding the glory of Christ by faith that we are spiritually edified and built up in this world, for as we behold his glory, the life and power of faith grow stronger and stronger. It is by faith that we grow to love Christ. So if we desire strong faith and powerful love, which give us rest, peace and satisfaction, we must seek them by diligently beholding the glory of Christ by faith. In this duty I desire to live and to die. On Christ's glory I would fix all my thoughts and desires, and the more I see of the glory of Christ, the more the painted beauties of this world will wither in my eyes and I will be more and more crucified to this world. It will become to me like something dead and putrid, impossible for me to enjoy."
--The Glory of Christ (1684)
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Mike Pohlman
- A Peru Mission Trip For the Hallowing of God's NameThursday, March 29, 2012
- The Gates of Hell Shall Not PrevailWednesday, March 28, 2012
- Facebook, the Church, and RealityFriday, January 28, 2011
- "Staggering the Moral Imagination"Thursday, January 13, 2011
- What are you addicted to? Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content